Before the 2017-18 season started, we gave San Antonio Spurs star LaMarcus Aldridge three goals. Did he achieve any of them?
In the build to the start of the 2017-18 season, we looked at goals for a handful of players on the San Antonio Spurs. This included LaMarcus Aldridge, weeks after he signed a multi-year extension to remain with the Silver and Black.
Of course, with the season over, it’s time to look back on those mini-predictions for these players, including Aldridge. We gave him three goals to achieve, so let’s see if they came to fruition from October to April:
Improve 3-point shooting:
Before the season, Aldridge said
from him. This actually came true, as the third-year Spur took 92 3-pointers compared to the 56 from the 2016-17 campaign. However, it was only at a 29.3-percent clip. It makes this somewhat of a wash since he took more shots, thus leading to the decline in percentage.
More from Spurs News
- Spurs show remarkable poise against Bulls, unlike many fans
- Devin Vassell is the latest in the Spurs’ collection of silent assassins
- San Antonio Spurs: 5 Players to avoid in any LaMarcus Aldridge deal
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
Aldridge was 1-1-1 in his goals if you consider the first one a wash. His value to this team was impossible to quantify, though, given the adversity they faced for 73 games while still making the postseason. So, what should he strive for in 2018-19?