What players were left off the San Antonio Spurs’ NBA 2K18 All-Time team that had a case to be included?
In case you missed it, the San Antonio Spurs’ All-Time team on NBA 2K18 was revealed. It featured 15 players of the past and present, who 2K Sports picked to be part of the roster. The same went for the other 29 NBA teams.
The roster can be seen below:
- Tony Parker – 94 overall (starter)
- George Gervin – 96 overall (starter)
- Kawhi Leonard – 94 overall (starter)
- Tim Duncan – 98 overall (starter)
- David Robinson – 96 overall (starter)
- Manu Ginobili – 93 overall
- Sean Elliott – 87 overall
- LaMarcus Aldridge – 86 overall
- Bruce Bowen – 86 overall
- Artis Gilmore – 85 overall
- Dennis Rodman – 84 overall
- Avery Johnson – 83 overall
- Danny Green – 83 overall
- Vinny Del Negro – 81 overall
- Robert Horry – 80 overall
Most names listed weren’t surprises. Your Tim Duncan’s and David Robinson’s of the world were guaranteed. The same went for George Gervin, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili, Sean Elliott and Kawhi Leonard, who’s the youngest member of the roster.
There were a few eye-openers, however. LaMarcus Aldridge hasn’t received overwhelming praise for his two seasons in San Antonio and might be in decline, but 2K Sports placed him on the list. Dennis Rodman had two good years on the Spurs in the 1990’s, but didn’t make an impact on a championship team and stayed for a blink of an eye.
There are other interesting cases for the roster. However, it can come down to the players that made themselves available for this video game. You won’t see Charles Barkley in it, as he wants money donated to the retired players’ association. Since he’s not in NBA 2K18, that obviously didn’t happen.
Whether this was a contribution to other players getting left out of NBA 2K18 is unknown. Let’s look past this, though, and at who was left off the Spurs’ roster.