The San Antonio Spurs (45-8) beat the Orlando Magic (23-29), 98-96 on Wednesday night. Kawhi Leonard led the way with 29 points. The Spurs are 17-8 on the road this season.
More from Air Alamo
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
- Spurs fans show Dejounte Murray support, buy all the New Balance shoes
- Spurs: The Athletic posts conflicting Aldridge rumors minutes apart
- Spurs: Kawhi Leonard ironically complains over lack of “consistency”
The Good: The San Antonio Spurs got a boost from Patrick Mills whom finished with 17 points on 7 of 11 shooting. LaMarcus Aldridge added 21 points and seven rebounds in the win. It would be the play of Leonard in the final seconds to lift the Spurs over a stingy Magic team.
The Bad: With 0.9 seconds remaining in the game, a defensive breakdown nearly sent this game into overtime. The Magic’s Elfrid Payton ran down a length-of-the-floor pass and missed an uncontested reverse layup as the buzzer sounded.
X-Factor: He played 32 minutes and put the team on his back down the stretch. Leonard proved to be the “X-Factor” in this game as he nailed a jumper at the top of the key to lift the Spurs to a two point win and their sixth straight heading into the All-Star Break.
Quote of the Night: Head Coach Gregg Popovich nailed it during his postgame with the media: “We got lucky.”