The San Antonio Spurs are starting to come together. With their 106-88 win against the Kings on Monday night against the Sacramento Kings, the Spurs have now won 4 of their last 5 games.
As it was true for their win on Saturday night, the bench would come through again. In a game that was back-and-forth throughout, the fourth quarter was different. Step in the spark plug Patty Mills.
In a quarter that saw the Spurs outscoring the Kings 34-19, Mills was the key player. In the fourth quarter along, Mills seven points, six assists and four steals. As a team, the Spurs were on fire hitting 15 of their 20 attempts.
After the game, Mills talked about his shooting and the type of player he is trying to become with NBA.Com.
“I understand you can’t live and die off your shot, so if my shot is not falling I have to do other things,” said Mills, who missed 6 of 7 shots through three quarters. “I’m trying to become more of an all-around player.”
More from Air Alamo
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
- Spurs fans show Dejounte Murray support, buy all the New Balance shoes
- Spurs: The Athletic posts conflicting Aldridge rumors minutes apart
- Spurs: Kawhi Leonard ironically complains over lack of “consistency”
- Should the San Antonio Spurs keep Rudy Gay after all?