The San Antonio Spurs had themselves a 2015-16 season to remember. From their historic 64-win season to their 19th trip to the postseason, there are a lot of things that the organization and the fans can be happy for.
More from Air Alamo
- Spurs show remarkable poise against Bulls, unlike many fans
- Devin Vassell is the latest in the Spurs’ collection of silent assassins
- San Antonio Spurs: 5 Players to avoid in any LaMarcus Aldridge deal
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
Understandably, there are still some sad faces around town as their quest for championship six was halted at the hands of the Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference Semis and now
With the offseason underway and teams are competing in Summer Leagues, for the Spurs, they are looking to cap off another title in Las Vegas and everywhere they go a great fan following ensues whether it is in the city of San Antonio or around the world.
And here’s the proof.
The Spurs ranked No. 6 in the league in team merchandise sales from April through June of this year a period that lasted longer than San Antonio’s participation in the postseason. Teams that were just ahead of the Spurs were the NBA Champions Cleveland Cavaliers, Golden State Warriors, Chicago Bulls, Oklahoma City Thunder, and the Los Angeles Lakers (thanks in part to Kobe Bryant’s retirement tour).
The rise of Kawhi Leonard, the free agent signing of LaMarcus Aldridge, and having three future Hall of Famers on the team surely attested to the jump in sales for San Antonio.
Leonard’s jersey was ranked 9th in league sales from April through June. It truly shows how much Leonard’s play is being idolized by fans around the league.
Speaking of Duncan, his No. 21 jersey ranked No. 11 in sales during the months of April through June. Surely this number will sky rocket and move into the top five now that the future Hall of Famer has decided to step away from the game.
Here is the complete breakdown of the top 15 jersey sales and most popular team merchandise rankings:
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys:
1. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
2. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
4. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
5. Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors
6. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
7. Draymond Green, Golden State Warriors
8. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
9. Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio Spurs
10. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
11. Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs
12. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
13. Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
14. Andre Iguodala, Golden State Warriors
15. Kristaps Porzingis, New York Knicks
Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise:
1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Golden State Warriors
3. Los Angeles Lakers
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Oklahoma City Thunder
6. San Antonio Spurs
7. Miami Heat
8. Toronto Raptors
9. New York Knicks
10. Boston Celtics