San Antonio Spurs vs Los Angeles Clippers: Post Game Grades
By Michael Rehome
The San Antonio Spurs (45-9) lost to the Los Angeles Clippers (36-18), 105-86 on Thursday Night. Kawhi Leonard missed the game with a left calf injury. Spurs are 17-9 on the road this season.
More from Air Alamo
- Spurs show remarkable poise against Bulls, unlike many fans
- Devin Vassell is the latest in the Spurs’ collection of silent assassins
- San Antonio Spurs: 5 Players to avoid in any LaMarcus Aldridge deal
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
The Good: The second unit combined for half of the teams total of 86 points. Manu Ginobili still recovering from surgery was out. David West led with 12 points on 4 of 6 shooting. He also grabbed four rebounds in 18 minutes of play. Rasual Butler also gave the Spurs a lift as he scored eight points on 4 of 7 shooting in 20 minutes of play.
The Bad: Starters struggled. LaMarcus Aldridge finished with a season low 10 points on 3 of 12 shooting. With the Spurs leading scorer Leonard missing the game with an injury. Spurs were out rebounded 45-33. The Spurs 34 points in the first half were a season-low.
Quote of the Night: West gave his perspective on how the game went of the Spurs. “”The group did not play at a high enough level to win a road game,” West said. “We were not solid enough, and obviously we shot the ball like crap in the first half. We just could not execute enough to keep pace with them.”
Next: San Antonio Spurs vs Los Angeles Clippers: Takeaways & Star Performer