16. The Spurs have a young core now
Johnson, Sochan, Vassell, and Tre Jones are ushering in a new era of Spurs basketball.
17. The bat that Ginobili swatted did not have rabies
If Manu punched a bat and then had to miss games due to rabies, that would have been a very different story than the one we tell today.
18. Brent Barry and Tony Parker could put aside their differences
If Brent Barry could forgive Tony Parker for sexting his wife, you can forgive your cousin for forgetting your birthday. That’s what the holiday is all about!
19. The Spurs have the best mascot in the NBA
Need I say more? The Coyote is awesome and is a two-time winner of the NBA’s Mascot of the Year in 2014 and 2020.
20. The Spurs are the only team in San Antonio
Texas is a football country, but the Spurs aren’t overshadowed by a mediocre NFL team, and they get all the glory in Alamo City.
21. The Spurs find diamonds in the rough when they draft
Even Cory Joseph, who was not the best pick, has had a decade-plus career in the NBA. If the Spurs draft you, you have some serious job security.
22. The Iceman saved the Spurs' franchise
George Gervin was the Spurs’ first superstar, and he ushered them into the NBA almost by himself.
23. The Spurs almost always have awesome jerseys
Aside from those weird camo city edition threads, the Spurs almost always hit when they unveil new jerseys.
24. Even bad draft picks have long NBA careers
Is Kyle Anderson a star? No, but he has remained in the league for several years. Same with Tiago Splitter.
25. Fan favorites aren’t always the best players
Patty Mills, Danny Green, and Matt Bonner all found their way into fans’ hearts despite not lighting up the scoreboard.