The 2018 NBA Draft Lottery will take place on Tuesday, May 15. A look at how to watch it online.
On Tuesday, May 15, the 2018 NBA Draft Lottery will take place. This determines the top 14 picks of the Association’s upcoming selection show which sees players from college basketball and overseas picked by all 30 teams in a two-round process.
The San Antonio Spurs will not be part of the lottery. Since they made the playoffs, and with a 47-35 record, it placed them at No. 18 in the draft order. The Spurs last made a lottery selection in 1997, with the pick of Tim Duncan at No. 1 overall.
How do things stand for the 14 teams involved in the 2018 lottery, though? Let’s take a look at their official odds:
- Phoenix Suns: 25 percent
- Memphis Grizzlies: 19.9 percent
- Dallas Mavericks: 13.8 percent
- Atlanta Hawks: 13.7 percent
- Orlando Magic: 8.8 percent
- Chicago Bulls: 5.3 percent
- Sacramento Kings: 5.3 percent
- Cleveland Cavaliers: 2.8 percent
- New York Knicks: 1.7 percent
- Philadelphia 76ers: 1.1 percent
- Charlotte Hornets: 0.8 percent
- Los Angeles Clippers: 0.7 percent
- Los Angeles Clippers: 0.6 percent
- Denver Nuggets: 0.5 percent
The perceived top players are Luka Doncic and Deandre Ayton, so it’s possible whoever receives the first two picks gets one or the other. Marvin Bagley III, Jaren Jackson Jr., Michael Porter and Trae Young could all go high in the draft, however.
Details on how to watch the 2018 NBA Draft Lottery are below. This includes the start time, TV info, live stream and more:
Date: Tuesday, May 15Time: 7:30 p.m. ETLocation: Chicago, ILVenue: Palmer House HiltonTV info: ESPNLive stream: WatchESPN
ESPN will host the lottery just minutes before the Cleveland Cavaliers and Boston Celtics battle in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals. Look for a stream on WatchESPN, as well, for those not by a television.
Which team will receive the No. 1 overall pick of the 2018 NBA Draft? Let’s find out soon and see what history unfolds.