Other NBA websites created mock drafts for the 2018 selection show, so who do they have the San Antonio Spurs taking?
The 2018 NBA Draft remains six weeks away and the San Antonio Spurs will pick 18th, their highest selection — not via trade — since 1997, selecting Tim Duncan No. 1 overall. It was partially the result of the Silver and Black not winning 50 games for the first time in two decades.
With a long build before the draft, there will be mocks that pinpoint players to the Spurs at No. 18. Some may even feature a trade.
Let’s round up some of the most recent mock drafts and who they gave San Antonio:
- Bleacher Report gave the Spurs Miles Bridges, a forward from Michigan State. Bridges fits a scorer-with-size role that San Antonio needs.
- LandOf10.com projected Zhaire Smith, a shooting guard from Texas Tech. I also gave the Spurs Smith in our mock draft.
- CBS Sports gave the Spurs Landry Shamet, a point guard from Wichita State. It would be the third consecutive guard to go to San Antonio in three drafts. However, Shamet might be one of this class’s best shooters.
- Basketball Insiders did a consensus mock draft, with Smith, Dzanan Musa, Rodions Kurucs and Khyri Thomas as the projected picks. Kurucs and Musa are international prospects.
- FanSided’s The Step Back gave the Spurs Mitchell Robinson, a center who chose to not attend college. Robinson fits as a young, athletic big man behind veterans LaMarcus Aldridge and Pau Gasol.
- SEC Country also gave the Spurs Robinson. Anfernee Simons and Lonnie Walker were the picks before and after Robinson, respectively, in this mock.
The 2018 NBA Mock Drafts will continue to roll in as the selection show nears. Who do you think the Spurs take at No. 18, as of May 6? Are any of the above players viable options?