The San Antonio Spurs will go head-to-head with the Brooklyn Nets. Before that, let’s look at the latest news, notes and headlines for Jan. 17.
On Wednesday night, the San Antonio Spurs will return to the court to face the Brooklyn Nets. It’s the latest part of a road trip that’s taken the Spurs out East. The first matchup was vs. the Atlanta Hawks, resulting in a loss to one of the NBA’s worst teams, record-wise. It did not give the Silver and Black a great look, even with Kawhi Leonard out of the lineup for “return from injury management.”
However, the Nets game will be an opportunity to move past this and begin a new win streak, along with ending San Antonio’s road struggles. Will this be the case?
Before that, let’s look at the latest news, notes and headlines that developed before tip-off for Wednesday, Jan. 17:
- On Thursday night, the 2018 All-Star Game rosters will be announced. LaMarcus Aldridge, Kawhi Leonard and Manu Ginobili were all part of the second tally of votes and could make the game in Los Angeles, CA.
- The Spurs released the official injury report for Wednesday’s game. It featured three players, with Rudy Gay and Manu Ginobili deemed “out.” However, Pau Gasol was a new addition to the list.
- Bleacher Report speculated that recent comments from head coach Gregg Popovich were about President Donald Trump, who was in the news for comments about “(expletive) countries.”
- Pounding the Rock looked at Joffrey Lauvergne’s value to the Spurs and why fans should not hate on him.
- ESPN dove into the differences between how the Spurs and Cleveland Cavaliers handled their respective offseason trade requests. The result? Aldridge stayed in San Antonio, while Kyrie Irving was sent to the Boston Celtics.
What headlines will result from the latest game? Let’s find out by the end of the night.