Before Thursday’s game vs. the Los Angeles Lakers, let’s round up the latest San Antonio Spurs news, notes and headlines for Jan. 11.
On Thursday night, the San Antonio Spurs will go head-to-head with the Los Angeles Lakers. It’s the conclusion to a three-game road trip that already saw the Silver and Black go 1-1, with a loss to the Portland Trail Blazers and a win over the Sacramento Kings.
Between the second game and the Lakers matchup, plenty of news, notes and headlines developed. That included the opposition, who remained in the conversation due to the words of a player’s outspoken father.
With that said, let’s look at the latest headlines for Jan. 11:
- The Lakers entered the headlines for all the wrong reasons, when LaVar Ball made comments about head coach Luke Walton. San Antonio gets to step into the midst of this chaos, with it as a topic of conversation.
- The official injury report was announced for this game. Four players were list, with Kawhi Leonard (left shoulder strain) and Rudy Gay (right heel bursitis) confirmed to not suit up. Two others remain in doubt.
- One of those players was Tony Parker. He sprained his ankle vs. the Kings, which became the latest ailment for the Spurs to deal with. Expect Dejounte Murray to fill his spot in the starting lineup, barring an upgrade in injury status.
- It was three days ago, but let’s look back at Davis Bertans’ career night. Will he replicate it vs. Los Angeles?
- The Pounding the Rock staff looked at Bryn Forbes’ contract situation. His contract becomes guaranteed this week for the rest of the 2017-18 season.
- MySanAntonio.com looked at the Spurs day off. They spent it at SpaceX, with Manu Ginobili and Patty Mills among the players that participated in this trip.
The Spurs and Lakers will tip off at 10:30 p.m. ET. Afterward, what news will develop?