The San Antonio Spurs will face the Detroit Pistons. Before this, let’s look at the latest news, notes and headlines for Saturday, Dec. 30.
On Saturday night, the San Antonio Spurs will face the Detroit Pistons. It’s the start of a road trip, along with the attempt at extending a win streak. This will also be the final game of 2017, before the clock strikes 12 for 2018.
Prior to this game, the latest news, notes and headlines developed on Friday. What did this lead to? How could this impact Saturday’s matchup? Let’s take a look:
- Rudy Gay injured his right heel vs. the New York Knicks. After an MRI, the San Antonio Spurs announced Gay had an ailment and will miss at least two weeks. Then, he will be re-evaluated for a potential return.
- The Spurs also announced the official injury report for the Pistons game. Gay was ruled “out.” Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green were deemed “probable.”
- Before Gay’s injury, it looked like the Spurs were at full health. However, things changed and the injury report built up, leading to players stepping up, starting with Saturday’s contest against Detroit. What will the impact of this be?
- Pounding the Rock gave kudos to the players who stepped up for the injured Spurs starters.
- Via HoopsHype, the Spurs were interested in selecting Kyle Kuzma in the 2017 NBA Draft. They went with Derrick White, after the Los Angeles Lakers took Kuzma in Round 1.
The Spurs will take the court at 7:00 p.m. ET. Which headlines will develop after this?