The San Antonio Spurs followed a win vs. the Brooklyn Nets, with an off day. On Thursday, the team will return to face the New York Knicks. Before this, let’s look at the latest news, notes and headlines for Dec. 28.
On Thursday night, the San Antonio Spurs will return to the court to face the New York Knicks. These teams haven’t faced off in the 2017-18 season. It will also be the second consecutive New York team that San Antonio faces at home, with Tuesday’s victory vs. the Brooklyn Nets.
The Spurs didn’t have a quiet off, however, with news of a new jersey and an intriguing quote or two that stirred up the headlines. Who said what? What was the reaction to the uniform?
Let’s look at the latest news, notes and headlines for Thursday, Dec. 28:
- The Silver and Black released their Nike City Edition jersey, which paid tribute to the military, noting how San Antonio is Military City USA. However, the fans were not happy with the uniforms, as they desired a Fiesta-themed uniform. The call for this, even months before the jersey went public, was for this style.
- Kawhi Leonard delivered a strong performance vs. Brooklyn, playing the most minutes since returning to on Dec. 12. It was another step forward for the 26-year-old, who’s steadily finding his groove.
- Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich spoke about prioritizing charity work. He said, “Because we’re rich as hell, and we don’t need it all, and other people need it.”
- Hoops Habit looked at Brandon Paul’s value to the team, specifically how he always stays ready for extra playing time.
- Remember this Manu Ginobili dunk from Tuesday night? Let’s rewatch it:
brb watching this on repeat.
— San Antonio Spurs (@spurs) December 27, 2017
This caps off the morning’s latest headlines. Stay tuned for the Spurs vs. Knicks at 8:30 p.m. ET on FSSW and MSG.