The latest news, notes and headlines for the San Antonio Spurs on Friday, Dec. 1.
Coming off an off day, the San Antonio Spurs will return to the hardwood for its latest game. This will be against the Memphis Grizzlies, as part of the home-at-home series. The Spurs defeated them in the first game, 104-95, on Wednesday, in San Antonio, TX. Friday’s matchup will be in Memphis, TN.
Before it takes place, the latest news, notes and headlines developed for the Spurs. What is there to know, as the first day of December commences? Let’s take a look:
- On Gilbert Arenas’ new Complex show, Out of Bounds, he questioned how good Kawhi Leonard is, as the Spurs entered Friday’s game at 14-7 without him. After multiple 60-win seasons, third place in the 2016-17 MVP voting and two Defensive Player of the Year awards, at least one person will disagree with the former NBA point guard.
- Following one of his best games as a Spur, LaMarcus Aldridge reacted to his performance against the Grizzlies. His top-end play has remained one of the team’s largest bright spots of the season.
- No, head coach Gregg Popovich won’t be among the 2,000 candidates for the Tennessee football job, but he is just 11 wins away from tieing George Karl’s mark for the fifth-most wins in NBA coaching history. Will he achieve this in December?
- Pounding the Rock has a game preview for Friday’s Spurs vs. Grizzlies matchup. What should be looked for?
- Bonus link: Marc Gasol’s name surrounded the recent David Fizdale firing, Memphis’ former head coach that was let go just days ago. Despite this, ESPN’s Tom McMahon thinks Gasol is the only hope for this team to save its season.
With a game just hours away, let’s see what develops for the Spurs on Saturday, Dec. 2. Will it be another victory?