The San Antonio Spurs defeated the Atlanta Hawks. Following the win, what news, notes and headlines developed for the latest roundup?
The San Antonio Spurs wrapped up a mini homestand on Monday, defeating the Atlanta Hawks, 96-85. This moved them to 11-6, with a scheduled off day on Tuesday. Players like LaMarcus Aldridge and Kyle Anderson stepped up in a game the Spurs mostly controlled.
Following this game, news, notes and headlines developed for the Silver and Black. What were the takeaways from Monday’s performance? Did any news break through?
Let’s look at the latest for the Spurs on Tuesday, Nov. 21:
- Ryan Kostrzewa has the full recap of the Spurs vs. Hawks game.
- The morning after this victory, what are the top reactions to the 11th win of the season? This includes the curious minutes decline for Rudy Gay, who played a season-low 13.
- While not the flashiest player on the court, Kyle Anderson delivered a solid, all-around performance against Atlanta. He had 13 points, 10 assists (a career-high) and 6 rebounds, which marked his third double-double of the season.
- Before Monday’s game, we unveiled the latest Spurs Player Rankings for Week 5. There was movement near the top, but with Aldridge retaining his No. 1 spot. Did a new player enter the list?
- SB Nation’s Peachtree Hoops has more on John Collins’ big night against the Spurs, who the Hawks selected in the 2017 NBA Draft. He had a career-high 21 points and 9 rebounds.
- Pounding the Rock looked at the Spurs overcoming mistakes to defeat the Hawks. This included 18 turnovers.
- The San Antonio Express-News spoke to ex-Spur Dewayne Dedmon before Monday’s game. Dedmon left the Spurs in the offseason, and signed a two-year deal with Atlanta. He put up 11 points and 9 rebounds against his former team.
That’s all for Tuesday’s Spurs roundup. Let’s see what develops for Wednesday, Nov. 22, and before the Thanksgiving holiday.