Following the San Antonio Spurs’ win over the Oklahoma City Thunder, let’s look at the latest news, notes and headlines for Saturday, Nov. 18.
The San Antonio Spurs looked down and out for one quarter on Friday night, when the Oklahoma City Thunder had control of the game. However, a big second-half comeback brought the Spurs into the mix, saw them take the field and win, 104-101. This was behind 26 points from LaMarcus Aldridge, including 17 from Danny Green.
Saturday represents an off day for the Silver and Black. The same goes for Sunday. So, for the weekend, let’s look at the latest news, notes and headlines:
- Maitland Rutledge covered the win over the Thunder, with a complete recap and highlights of what happened.
- Davis Bertans played his most meaningful minutes of the season, after being stuck on the bench and traveling to the G-League. His three makes from behind the arc propelled the Spurs to their comeback victory.
- When head coach Gregg Popovich tried to explain the Spurs’ comeback against the Thunder, he provided an answer you expected but also didn’t see coming.
- The Undefeated has a story on how Brandon Paul learned the Spurs were signing him. Paul noted a “look” his agent, Adam Pensack, gave him when he revealed the news during the 2017 Summer League.
- Via News4SanAntonio.com, Kyle Anderson provided plenty of praise for Philadelphia 76ers star Joel Embiid, even in just a three-word tweet.
Heading into the weekend, let’s see what else develops for the Spurs that starts the next week of play. Will there be anything important?