Following a loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves, let’s look at the latest San Antonio Spurs news, notes and headlines for Thursday, Nov. 16.
The San Antonio Spurs completed the second of a back-to-back on Wednesday, losing to the Minnesota Timberwolves. This dropped the Silver and Black to 9-6, falling behind the Timberwolves in the Western Conference standings.
Thursday represents an off day for the Spurs, before taking to the court to face the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday, Nov. 17. It’s a day to regroup, especially given the talented competition that’s on the way.
In between, news, notes and headlines developed for the Spurs for Thursday, Nov. 16. Let’s take a look at them:
- Our own Ethan Farina covered Wednesday’s loss to the Timberwolves. This dropped the Spurs to 1-1 against them in the 2017-18 season.
- For the Timberwolves perspective, FanSided’s Dunking With Wolves also covered Wednesday’s game.
- Speaking to the San Antonio Express-News, Spurs legend and TV analyst Sean Elliott discussed how he can relate to Kawhi Leonard’s struggles to return from injury, having undergone knee surgery in 1997. He said, “It’s hard to plant, hard to jump, that kind of thing. But it happened to me later on in my career. I had a lot more miles on me.”
- From MySanAntonio.com, when head coach Gregg Popovich was asked about his comments directed toward President Donald Trump and the feedback he gets, the five-time NBA champion said he reads “all of it.”
- After the game against the Dallas Mavericks, Pounding the Rock covered what we learned from the Spurs’ win.
- Via News4SanAntonio.com, Houston Rockets guard Chris Paul said it wouldn’t be the Spurs without Popovich, along with him not having more than one or two years left.
Let’s see what news, notes and headlines develop for Friday, Nov. 17, and for the Spurs’ game against the Thunder.