After another off day, let’s look at the latest news, notes and headlines for the San Antonio Spurs on Tuesday, Nov. 14.
For the past two days, the San Antonio Spurs have been off. It was ever since Saturday’s blowout victory over the Chicago Bulls, 133-94, and put the Silver and Black at an 8-5 record for the 2017-18 season.
Tuesday starts Week 5 for the Spurs, however, with a game against the Dallas Mavericks. Wednesday, Nov. 15 will be the second of the back-to-back against the Minnesota Timberwolves. It makes for a quick start to the week, as the season gets deeper.
With that said, let’s look at the latest news, notes and headlines for San Antonio on Tuesday, Nov. 14:
- On Monday, we posted the latest Spurs player rankings for Week 4. After a 2-1 week, there wasn’t much movement. Players like Bryn Forbes, Rudy Gay, LaMarcus Aldridge and Kyle Anderson had quality weeks to sustain their spots in the rankings.
- It looks like Joffrey Lauvergne will be ready to play on Tuesday. To prep for this, he mimicked Boris Diaw’s game-winning shot for his French League team. Was it anywhere close?
- Tom Orsborn of the San Antonio Express-News looked at how Dejounte Murray will overcome the growing pains of his sophomore season. Murray started the season strong, but lost his starting spot to Patty Mills during the team’s four-game losing streak.
- Pounding the Rock rounded up the national media sites that ranked the Spurs in their NBA power rankings. David Aldridge of NBA.com put them at No. 4 on his list.
- Hoops Habit looked at how October saved the Spurs’ season. The play of LaMarcus Aldridge and Murray’s emergence were noted as just two of the reasons.
With a game set for Tuesday night, let’s see what news, notes and headlines develop for the Spurs on Wednesday, Nov. 15.