The latest news, notes and headlines for the San Antonio Spurs on Friday, Nov. 10.
Thursday marked the second consecutive off day for the San Antonio Spurs, as the rest of the NBA landscape spun. It was time for the Spurs to rest after winning their third consecutive game on Tuesday, defeating the Los Angeles Clippers, 120-107. This moved the Silver and Black to 7-4.
On Friday, the Spurs will return to the court against the Milwaukee Bucks. It’s a nationally televised game, which not only highlights this perennial playoff contender but Bucks star Giannis Anteotkounmpo.
This 12th game of the season should be an interesting one for San Antonio. Before that, there’s news, notes and headlines to cover about the team. Let’s take a look at what this includes for Friday, Nov. 10.
- Without Kawhi Leonard in the starting lineup, multiple players have seen their role increase for the Spurs. Who stepped up during his absence, which remains as of this writing?
- Air Alamo’s Ethan Farina made the case for the Spurs to trade for Jahlil Okafor. The third-year center has been on the trade block for the past few weeks.
- When the 2017-18 season started, Spurs legend Bruce Bowen stepped into the commentary booth for the Clippers. Pounding the Rock looked at how Bowen crossed a line.
- Fox Sports previewed Friday’s Spurs vs. Bucks game.
- Roy Bragg of the San Antonio Express-News looked at the evolution of the Spurs logo. It went from a “bold and bright” to a “simpler” design, as he noted.
- Bonus link: The Bucks recently traded for point guard Eric Bledsoe. Matt Velazquez of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel wrote up how Bledsoe participated in his first practice. This new player called it a “great feeling and vibe” and “amazing.”
Let’s see what develops for the Spurs on Saturday, Nov. 11. Will they win against the Bucks?