The latest news, notes and headlines for the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday, Nov. 1.
After three games in four days, the San Antonio Spurs had Halloween off. There was no tricks or treats, like an injury update on Kawhi Leonard. Instead, it was a quiet day for the Silver and Black, with a news piece or two thrown in.
Two roster moves were made, while opinions flew around about the Spurs’ three-game skid. Was all of it negative? Who shined in the skid?
Let’s look at the latest news, notes and headlines for Wednesday, Nov. 1. It all comes in advance of Thursday’s game against the Golden State Warriors.
- Our own Maitland Rutledge looked at Kawhi Leonard’s absence and how it’s impacted the Spurs. There’s still no timetable for his return.
- Through the three-game skid, the Spurs had one bright spot, besides LaMarcus Aldridge — Brandon Paul. He received extra playing time over the past four games.
- The Spurs made two roster moves on Tuesday afternoon. Davis Bertans and Derrick White were assigned to the Austin Spurs of the G-League. They received limited playing time in the first seven games.
- Pounding the Rock looked at the “Kawhi-shaped hole,” with it glaring the most in Monday’s game against the Boston Celtics.
- Jeff McDonald of the San Antonio Express-News spoke to multiple Spurs about the problems faced in the three-game losing streak. Notably, Aldridge said they “have to stay confident.”
It wasn’t a busy day for the Spurs, except for the two G-League assignments. Not much may pop up on Wednesday, either, unless it’s an injury update for Thursday’s Warriors game. As of this writing, Leonard, Tony Parker and Joffrey Lauvergne’s statuses are unknown.
What will arise on Wednesday that carries into Thursday, Nov. 2? We’ll see throughout the day.