The latest San Antonio Spurs roundup for Thursday, Oct. 26.
The San Antonio Spurs walked out of Wednesday’s game with more success. They defeated the Miami Heat, 117-100, behind a strong second half and another terrific performance from LaMarcus Aldridge. He posted a season-high 31 points to lead the way.
Aldridge’s performance, along with other Spurs, created the latest news, notes and headlines for Thursday, Oct. 26. With a perfect record intact, everything looks positive for the Silver and Black, so let’s look at the latest links for your viewing pleasure.
- Why is Aldridge playing so well? Pounding the Rock looked at this before the Heat game.
- Air Alamo’s Ethan Farina, in his debut post, looked at Rudy Gay’s early-season performance off the bench.
- Tony Parker will be back soon. With the Spurs on the road, they assigned him to the Austin Spurs, the organization’s G-League affiliate. No word on if he’ll play rehab games for them or just practice during the road trip for the big club.
- Gregg Popovich gave another hilarious interview on national television. He never takes the sideline reporters seriously, leading to classic interactions like this:
You know you nailed the interview when you got Pop to play along. ? pic.twitter.com/bfV36nc0aM
— ESPN (@espn) October 26, 2017
- Danny Green looks like a different player for the Spurs. We analyzed the new parts of his game and if it can be sustained.
- In speaking to MySanAntonio.com, Popovich praised Dejounte Murray’s leadership. This was a reference to Aldridge’s altercation with Toronto Raptors star Serge Ibaka in Monday night’s game.
- The Miami Herald provided a recap of the Spurs’ win over the Heat.
- Via News4SanAntonio.com, a journalist asked Los Angeles Clippers center DeAndre Jordan about facing Rudy Gay on Tuesday. This came in a postgame presser from the Clippers-Utah Jazz game. Last we checked, Gay didn’t get traded to Salt Lake City.
That closes today’s Spurs roundup. Let’s see the next headlines that develop.