The latest San Antonio Spurs news, notes and headlines for Wednesday, Oct. 25.
The San Antonio Spurs will have a loaded Wednesday, with the fourth game of the 2017-18 regular season. This comes against the Miami Heat and will take place at the America Airlines Arena in Miami, FL. It’s the first game of the Spurs’ road trip, as well.
Prior to this game, news, notes and opinions filled up the Spurs headlines from Tuesday, Ocr. 24. This included fallout from the win over the Toronto Raptors and pieces of news.
With this in mind, let’s look at the roundup for Wednesday, Oct. 25:
- Pounding the Rock highlighted how different Dejounte Murray is. From his length to his height and skill attributes, it makes for an impressive profile.
- We also noted Murray’s upside that he displayed in Monday’s win over the Raptors. The future is bright for this kid to say the least.
- The Spurs stat leaders through three games feature plenty of Murray, as well as LaMarcus Aldridge and Danny Green.
- This last Murray headline was king-worthy. News4SanAntonio.com detailed how LeBron James praised his recent performance.
- Joffrey Lauvergne was officially ruled out for Wednesday’s game. He sprained his ankle against the Raptors in the fourth quarter. Kawhi Leonard and Tony Parker will also be out due to quad injuries.
— San Antonio Spurs (@spurs) October 24, 2017
- Bonus link: According to NBA.com, Heat center Hassan Whiteside will not play against the Spurs. So, both sides will be down a big man, potentially making for 48 minutes of small-ball lineups. As of this writing, guard Dion Waiters is also questionable to play.
The Spurs will be short-handed for this game against Miami. With the recent play of LaMarcus Aldridge and budding star Dejounte Murray, will any of it matter? We’ll see once the game kicks off, along with the potential headlines it makes for Thursday.