The latest news, notes, and headlines about the San Antonio Spurs for Tuesday, Oct. 24.
The San Antonio Spurs had an eventful game against the Toronto Raptors on Monday, Oct. 23. After a back-and-forth four quarters of play, the Spurs had a fiery fourth period and won, 101-97. This was behind a double-double from Dejounte Murray and 20 points and 8 rebounds from LaMarcus Aldridge.
Along with this, there were various pieces of news that made its way around. One of them included a player that had interest in joining the Spurs in the summer.
This and the game garnered headlines, among other developments from Monday. What will this mean on Tuesday, Oct. 24, and one day before the game against the Miami Heat? Let’s take a look.
- Pounding the Rock looked at the Spurs, going against the small-ball lineups with posting up.
- The Sun-Sentinel published an early preview of the Spurs vs. Heat. It will be a nationally televised game, an unusual occurrence for Miami.
- Spurs big man Joffrey Lauvergne exited Monday’s game with a sprained ankle. The severity of timetable for his return is unknown. With a game less than 48 hours away, we’ll see if the team decides to hold him out.
- Air Alamo’s Maitland Rutledge has a full recap of the win over the Raptors.
- Last night’s game got testy between Aldridge and Serge Ibaka, an unexpected twist to the action. Head coach Gregg Popovich even cracked a smile at the scuffle.
- Kyle Lowry told the San Antonio Express-News that he showed interest in joining the Spurs in the offseason. The organization didn’t reciprocate, however. He returned to the Raptors for three years, $100 million in the offseason.
- Before Monday’s game, we unveiled the first Spurs player rankings. 10 players were ranked, not including Davis Bertans and the four total minutes he’s played.
More Spurs news, notes, and headlines will develop before Wednesday’s game against the Heat. Let’s see what comes about in the next 24 hours.