Rounding up the news and notes for the San Antonio Spurs on Saturday, Oct. 21.
It’s been a quiet few days for the San Antonio Spurs since their win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. Kawhi Leonard’s situation hasn’t developed this week, as he remains out with a quad injury. There’s still no timetable for his return.
No Leonard means the Spurs will play without him, once again, on Saturday night. They have a game against the Chicago Bulls, which takes place at 8:00 p.m. ET, at the United Center in Chicago, IL.
With just hours to go before this game, let’s take a look at the latest news, notes and opinions for the Spurs:
- A video surfaced of Kawhi Leonard gingerly boarding the team charter flight. Either he’s trolling everyone or being extremely cautious, enough to make Spurs fans panic.
- Tim Duncan’s daughter was the star of Wednesday night’s game, as Pounding the Rock noted. They were in the stands to watch the season opener.
- Pounding the Rock also has a story on the future of the Spurs defense. It’s all about wingspan for this team, especially in crunch time. Five players have wingspans greater than 6-foot-9, a game-changer for the Silver and Black.
- Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News doesn’t think the Spurs and LaMarcus Aldridge continuing their relationship is such a bad thing. He thinks it was the best option for both sides.
- A bonus link on San Antonio’s opponent, Chicago. Forward Bobby Portis has been in the news for his fight with Nikola Mirotic. Portis gave Mirotic facial fractures and a concussion, so this wasn’t just a small tussle between teammates. It led to an eight-game suspension for the 22-year-old, who also apologized, according to ESPN. The Spurs will see him in their next game against the Bulls on Saturday, Nov. 11.
Saturday’s game against the Bulls should produce more headlines and reactions that relate to the Spurs. Let’s see what happens at 8:00 p.m. ET.