How does the San Antonio Spurs schedule look for October 2017?
The 2017 preseason is over, which means the regular season is just days away. The San Antonio Spurs will soon take the court, looking to avenge last spring’s playoff disappointment and target the sixth NBA championship in franchise history.
The road to the title begins in October, with a slate of games that stretch for half the month. Who will the Spurs face? How difficult is the schedule? Let’s take a look:
- Minnesota Timberwolves (home): Wednesday, Oct. 18 at 9:30 p.m. ET
- Chicago Bulls (away): Saturday, Oct. 21 at 8:00 p.m. ET
- Toronto Raptors (home): Monday, Oct. 23 at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Miami Heat (away): Wednesday, Oct. 25 at 8:00 p.m. ET
- Orlando Magic (away): Friday, Oct. 27 at 7:00 p.m. ET
- Indiana Pacers (away): Sunday, Oct. 29 at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Boston Celtics (away): Monday, Oct. 30 at 7:30 p.m. ET
It’s a loaded schedule of Eastern Conference opponents for the Spurs, with the Timberwolves as the exception on Opening Night. Otherwise, the next Western Conference opponent isn’t until Nov. 2 against the Golden State Warriors.
This is an opportunity for San Antonio to rack up a few wins against a highly criticized Eastern Conference, due to all the talent it lost in the offseason. The Chicago Bulls and Indiana Pacers may be ranked near the bottom of the league, while the Orlando Magic have struggled mightily in recent years. The Boston Celtics, Miami Heat and Toronto Raptors represent quality East opponents for the Silver and Black.
The 2017-18 season starts soon, so get ready for Spurs basketball and see how they progress through October’s schedule. How many games do you think they will win before November?