The San Antonio Spurs are rumored to be interested in Kyrie Irving, so let’s see what the latest has been.
For the past month, the San Antonio Spurs were linked to Kyrie Irving, whose request to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers is no secret. It potentially ends his six years in Ohio, with a desire to go elsewhere to be an alpha male.
Earlier this month, we recapped what already was heard on the Irving-Spurs rumor front. Since then not much has changed, but there were a few new reports that came out about these two sides. What is there to know as August reaches its conclusion?
- After Windhorst’s report, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski revealed the Spurs were among the teams Irving was interested in.
- The next rumor that came out had the Spurs as Irving’s top choice.
- The Cavaliers began taking offers for their star point guard. They received six, one of which came from San Antonio. No other pieces involved were reported.
- Then, Irving wouldn’t commit to a new team, for those that wanted to give him a contract extension.
- However, this flip-flopped a few weeks later, as Irving is apparently willing to commit to the Spurs. It’s the only team rumored for this.
Nothing seems imminent for Irving’s NBA future, which goes for the Spurs and any other team that’s interested in his services. If anything, it doesn’t seem like a deal will happen until we get closer to the regular season, but that’s only speculation.
The end of the summer will be focused on Irving’s next destination, among other topics. It’s possible nothing exceeds this, however, as it’s the part of the offseason when there are few interesting stories that come to light.
Will Irving go to the Spurs? If not, where could he go before the 2017-18 NBA season starts?