This time last week we were all dealt with the news that Tim Duncan was not returning to the San Antonio Spurs for his 20th season.
More from Air Alamo
- Analyst suggests Lakers are best fit for LaMarcus Aldridge
- San Antonio Spurs: 3 Trades to split up Spurs and LaMarcus Aldridge
- San Antonio Spurs: Latest LaMarcus Aldridge trade rumor roundup
- San Antonio Spurs and LaMarcus Aldridge agree to part ways
- Handing out Spurs player grades at the midseason point
When I thought about Duncan’s most memorable games to me as a Spurs Fanatic, the first 8 were in my head instantly. The other 2 required some consideration with the numerous spectacular performances Tim Duncan has delivered throughout his career.
My Top 10 Duncan Game of All Time (Chronologically)
2. Spurs vs Lakers Game 2 1999: Trailing by 1, Duncan scores from the baseline with seconds left to win the game. Duncan showing he wants the ball at winning time, and Mario Elie feeding him down in the post, where Duncan delivers the dagger.
3. Spurs vs. Knicks Game 5 1999: Duncan scores 31 points and leads the Spurs to their 1st Championship!
4. Spurs vs. Lakers Game 6: Duncan dominates and gets the Spurs past the Lakers with 37 points 16 rebounds 4 assists and 2 blocks in L.A. against Shaq in his prime as well.
5. Spurs vs Nets Game 1 2003: Duncan Stocking Stat Stuffer with 32 points 20 boards 7 blocks 6 assists and 3 steals. I mean those stats demand I put that game in there, despite it being the only one on this list devoid of drama.
7. Spurs vs. Sonics Game 6 2005: Duncan comes back in after injuring his ankle, and helps the Spurs finish off the Sonics with a lay up assist of Manu with .5 seconds remaining.
8. Spurs vs. Pistons Game 7 2005: Trailing by 7 late in the 3rd, Duncan wills the Spurs back into the game and delivers in the 4th quarter either scoring or drawing the double team and finding shooters like Ginobili and Bowen for 3 pointers to secure his 3rd Finals MVP and the Spurs 3rd Championship! Don’t get me started on that series. My favorite series ever!
9. Spurs vs. Suns Game 1 2008: Duncan scores 40 points, 15 rebounds 5 assists 3 blocks 1 steal and 67% shooting from the field, and hits a game tying 3 pointer with seconds left in OT to send the game into Double OT and eventually a victory! I was at that game, and I am still hoarse from yelling!