Tim Duncan has developed certain tactics during his lustrous career and the Thunder’s Steven Adams found out first hand during his rookie year.
More from Spurs News
- Spurs show remarkable poise against Bulls, unlike many fans
- Devin Vassell is the latest in the Spurs’ collection of silent assassins
- San Antonio Spurs: 5 Players to avoid in any LaMarcus Aldridge deal
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
Duncan playing at a high-level is hoping to lead San Antonio to their sixth title in franchise history as they prepare for their second-round matchup with Oklahoma City. At 40 years old, Duncan with his own bag of tricks used his kindness to score 20 on Adams. The Thunder center was asked on Thursday what it’s like to play against the future Hall of Famer.
Steven Adams explains how Duncan dropped 20 on him just by being nice & why Adams stopped talking to him after. pic.twitter.com/ma7SQK2nxW
— Fred Katz (@FredKatz) April 28, 2016
You can’t help but feel sorry for the way Duncan reeled in Adams to think that he actually wanted to hold a conversation with a rookie. Duncan took full advantage of the opportunity at hand, and Adams learned his lesson. How will he greet Duncan when the Thunder and Spurs tip-off Saturday?
(H/T Fred Katz)