The San Antonio Spurs are one of the hottest team in the NBA. They are coming off of winning their seventh straight game of the season after defeating the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday.
After the clinic they put on against the Timberwolves, the Spurs are back in their home state as they travel to Houston to take on the Rockets.
This time last season the these two teams were complete opposite. The Rockets were sitting at 20-7 and the Spurs, 18-11.
Spurs (25-5) are leading the league in defense as they are only giving up 88.8 points per game. Do not sleep on their offensive game. Heading into their contest with the Rockets, the Spurs are ranked in the top 10 in scoring offense with 102.4 per game.
Playing in the shadows of the success of the Golden State Warriors thus far, the Spurs have reeled off seven-straight games and have outscored their competition by an average of 21.4 points.
More from Air Alamo
- Spurs show remarkable poise against Bulls, unlike many fans
- Devin Vassell is the latest in the Spurs’ collection of silent assassins
- San Antonio Spurs: 5 Players to avoid in any LaMarcus Aldridge deal
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
Kawhi Leonard has been the engine that keeps this train going. Being asked to play defense against an opponents best player is could be a challenge to anyone, for Leonard, he rises to the occasion.
Rockets (15-15) James Harden will be next on the dock for Leonard. Harden knows the type of defender Leonard is and can be. In their last two meetings, Harden went a combined 11 of 34.
Harden had 31 points on 12-of-18 shooting for Houston in a 104-101 loss to Orlando snapping the teams three-game winning streak.
San Antonio looking to win their eighth straight game as they are winners of 9-of-10. Christmas Day slate of games continues in the night-cap.
Information: TV, Radio, Injuries
- Who: San Antonio Spurs (25-5) at Houston Rockets (15-15)
- Time: 8:00 PM EST
- Location: Toyota Center, Houston, Tx
- National: ESPN Local: CW35
- Radio: WOAI 1200 AM
San Antonio Spurs
- None to Report
- Sam Dekker (low back pain) is out.