Spurs look to avoid their first back-to-back road loss for the first time since back in February as they visit the Atlanta Hawks on Saturday.
This season the Spurs are having good success in back-to-back games. They are sporting an 8-1 record and looking to get win number nine as they head into Atlanta.
San Antonio (19-5) is coming off of a 20 point win against the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday. Led by LaMarcus Aldridge’s 24 points, the Spurs were tested early on in the game but a number of runs is what led to the win.
In last months meeting between these two teams, Aldridge had 13 points on 6-of-15 shooting from the floor. The Hawks know what Aldridge can bring as he has been a thorn in their side throughout his career. While in Portland, Aldridge averaged 25.5 points and 12.8 rebounds per game in his last four meetings against Atlanta.
More from Air Alamo
- Spurs show remarkable poise against Bulls, unlike many fans
- Devin Vassell is the latest in the Spurs’ collection of silent assassins
- San Antonio Spurs: 5 Players to avoid in any LaMarcus Aldridge deal
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
Atlanta (14-10) in previous meetings has not had much success against San Antonio. Dating back to the 1997-98 season, the Hawks have lost 29 out of their last 33 meetings. In their first meeting back on November 28th, the Hawks were thumped by 20 at the AT&T Center.
Mike Budenholzer whom spent more than a decade with the Spurs organization has yet to tally a win against his mentor, Greg Popovich.
Under Budenholzer, the Hawks have dropped all five meetings by an average of 13.8 points.
If there is something positive for them to look at before their meeting with the Spurs, Atlanta have won five of six at Philips Arena.
Information: TV, Radio, Injuries
- Who: San Antonio Spurs (19-5) at Atlanta Hawks (14-10)
- Time: 8:00 PM EST
- Location: Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA
- Local: Fox Sports Southwest
- Radio: WOAI 1200 AM
San Antonio Spurs
- None To Report
- None To Report