The San Antonio Spurs (9-2) are coming off of winning their sixth straight game this season after a 109-98 win over the Denver Nuggets.
More from Air Alamo
- Spurs show remarkable poise against Bulls, unlike many fans
- Devin Vassell is the latest in the Spurs’ collection of silent assassins
- San Antonio Spurs: 5 Players to avoid in any LaMarcus Aldridge deal
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
stepped up big against the Nuggets as he notched a season high in points and assists. Parker finished with 25 points and nine assists. A game which Parker, as well as the fans, were hoping to see from the All-Star point guard. Parker has seen another dip in his scoring average for the third straight year. In fact, this marks Parker’s lowest points per game (12.8) since his rookie year.
Parker came up big of the Spurs when they saw LaMarcus Aldridge struggle from the floor shooting just 4-of-14 and Manu Ginobili sitting out the first of two games with a sore hip.
Defensively, the Spurs are known to cause havoc for teams. They are holding opponents to 91.3 points per game. They held the Nuggets to just 38.8 percent from the field.
The New Orleans Pelicans (1-11) are returning home after coming off of 110-103 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday Night–their fifth consecutive defeat. The Pelicans have been playing without their star big man Anthony Davis as he missed his third game of the season. This injury was a sore shoulder he suffered in a loss to Denver on Tuesday.
The Pelicans are bad. They are giving up a leagues-worst 109.9 points per game. The Spurs are averaging 102.1 points per game.
Davis and Omer Asik are both questionable for Fridays nights contest. If these two are not able to suit up, look for Aldridge and Tim Duncan to have a field day down in the paint.
- Who: San Antonio Spurs (9-2) at New Orleans Pelicans (1-11)
- Time: 8:00 PM EST
- Location: Smoothie King Center, New Orleans, LA
- TV: ESPN Local: KENS HD
- Radio: WOAI 1200 AM
San Antonio Spurs
- Manu Ginobili (bilateral hip tightness) is out.
New Orleans Pelicans
- Kendrick Perkins (right pectoral) is out.
- Quincy Pondexter (right knee) is out.
- Tyreke Evans (right knee) is out.
- Norris Cole (left ankle sprain) is out.
- Jrue Holiday (lower right leg) is out.
- Anthony Davis (left shoulder) is questionable.
- Omer Asik (stomach illness) is questionable.