More from Spurs News
- Spurs show remarkable poise against Bulls, unlike many fans
- Devin Vassell is the latest in the Spurs’ collection of silent assassins
- San Antonio Spurs: 5 Players to avoid in any LaMarcus Aldridge deal
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
The San Antonio Spurs are looking for their sixth-straight win Wednesday Night as they take on the Denver Nuggets at the AT&T Center. Spurs are coming off of an 93 to 80 win against the Portland Trail Blazers on Monday night where they saw vintage Manu Ginobili take over in the final quarter.
Ginobili and Kawhi Leonard led the Spurs on a 14-2 run in the fourth quarter. Ginobili scored 17 points in the game, 14 of them came in crunch time. For Leonard, he finished with 19 points. Both players were coming back from missing Saturday’s game against the Philadelphia 76ers.
What also propelled the team to their fifth-straight win was taking care of the ball. The team turned the ball over six times. This is an important stat for the Spurs. What has killed the Spurs in games that they have loss is points off of turnovers. Though games can get ugly for the Spurs at times with ball control, they have started to be more patient on the offensive end and it has shown.
The Spurs will be without Ginobili Wednesday night as he will be out for the next two games (hip tightness) according to the team.
The Denver Nuggets are coming off of a 115 to 98 win against the New Orleans Pelicans. This marks the first meeting of the season for the two teams. Danilo Gallinari was on an offensive tear against the Pelicans as he scored 32 points in 36-minutes of play. He was 12 for 18 from the floor, including 5-of-8 from beyond the arc.
- Who: Denver Nuggets (6-5) at San Antonio Spurs (8-2)
- Time: 8:30 PM EST
- Location: AT&T Center, San Antonio, Texas
- TV: Fox Sports Southwest
- Radio: WOAI 1200 AM
- Online Streaming: NBA League Pass
San Antonio Spurs
- Manu Ginobili (bilateral hip tightness) out.