The San Antonio Spurs fell short 104-84 to the Phoenix Suns. The loss marked their fourth loss in five preseason games.
It was a dominant second half for the Suns, as they outscored the Spurs 55-38 after leading by only three points at the half. The Spurs had a miserable fourth quarter, as they were outscored 29-18.
The Spurs had 19 turnovers in the game, which resulted in 23 Suns points. The Suns also had 19 turnovers, but they resulted in only 16 Spurs points. Three point shooting was key in the game, as the Suns made 11-for-21. The Spurs made an abysmal 3-for-12 from beyond the arc.
T.J. Warren was terrific for the Phoenix Suns, as he finished with 15 points, seven rebounds, and seven assists. Markieff Morris went for 17 points and five rebounds in 25 minutes. Morris also connected on his three 3-point attempts.
More from Air Alamo
- Spurs show remarkable poise against Bulls, unlike many fans
- Devin Vassell is the latest in the Spurs’ collection of silent assassins
- San Antonio Spurs: 5 Players to avoid in any LaMarcus Aldridge deal
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
The Suns shot a burning 53% from the field in the contest and had 28 assists. Brandon Knight and Warren led the team with seven assists each.
Manu Ginobili failed to reach double digits scoring for the first time in the preseason. The 38-year-old finished with four points in 17 minutes.
Up next for the Spurs are the Houston Rockets on Friday night.