Thanks to a couple updates about the San Antonio Spurs’ 2015-16 preseason schedule, basketball season feels like it’s getting closer.
Although the franchise has not announced its full slate, pieces of San Antonio’s tune-up session are trickling in because of other NBA teams revealing their schedule.
On Oct. 8 at 10 p.m. ET, the Spurs will square off with the Sacramento Kings at Sleep Train Arena. Last season, San Antonio earned a 106-99 victory over the Kings.
More from Air Alamo
- San Antonio Spurs should focus on getting draft picks for Aldridge
- Dear Adam Silver: The Spurs won’t be ignored, despite your best efforts
- San Antonio Spurs: Grading LaMarcus Aldridge’s career in San Antonio
- San Antonio Spurs: 3 Things that stood out in win over Orlando Magic
- Spurs: Mapping out 5 LaMarcus Aldridge trades in NBA 2K
Marco Belinelli, who spent the last two seasons as a member of the Spurs, signed a three-year contract to join Sacramento during free agency.
His replacement in San Antonio is unclear, though Kyle Anderson, Jimmer Fredette and Reggie Williams will compete for Belinelli’s vacated spot in the rotation. Of the trio, only Anderson has a guaranteed contract for the 2015-16 campaign.
Then, on Oct. 12 at 7:30 p.m. ET, the Spurs will challenge the Miami Heat at AmericanAirlines Arena. Miami edged San Antonio 111-108 last year and—not that it matters but is still notable—has won three consecutive preseason matchups.
Excluding the lockout-shortened 2011 preseason, the Heat and Spurs have played every year since 2005.
San Antonio’s full schedule will likely be released soon, as will the complete regular-season slate.