It was a classic ending, first Terry Rozier, who was 1-11 from the field, made a three-pointer to tie the game with 2.5 seconds left. It appeared that the game was going to overtime, but Shannon Scott wanted no part of it. Scott made a runner at the buzzer to give the Spurs a two point win.
More from Air Alamo
- San Antonio Spurs to welcome frontline employees to upcoming game
- San Antonio Spurs vs. Nets: How to watch, game time, injury report
- Predicting the Spurs’ week 11 results, featuring a title favorite foe
- San Antonio Spurs vs. Pelicans : How to watch, game time, injury report
- Opponents’ strength of schedules aren’t encouraging for the Spurs
Anderson finished with 21 points on 8-16 from the field. Jarrell Eddie went for 18 points and Jonathon Simmons added 19 points.
The Spurs went up 26-20 at the end of the first quarter, but the Celtics responded with a 25-18 second quarter to go up one at the half. The Spurs dominated in the third quarter, as they outscored the Celtics 29-20.
The Spurs held on in the fourth quarter, but the Celtics had a 7-0 run in the final minute to tie the game, before Scott ended it.
Sharpshooting rookie R.J. Hunter was magnificent for the Celtics off the bench. Hunter finished with 22 points on 7-14 from the field. Jordan Mickey added 18 points and James Young had 16 points and 9 rebounds.
The Spurs will take on the winner of the Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks. The semifinals game will take place on Sunday at 6:00 pm ET. The Celtics are eliminated from summer league play.