San Antonio Spurs: Takeaways From Win Against Denver Nuggets
On Saturday night the San Antonio Spurs beat the Denver Nuggets 120-111.
The Spurs have now won four straight games and are five game on the loss column ahead of the eighth seeded Oklahoma City Thunder.
The Spurs outscored the Nuggets in every quarter. They outscored the Spurs by three points in the first quarter and they outscored them by two in each of the final three quarters.
Both teams shot at an incredible rate from the field, the Spurs shot 54% and the Nuggets shot 52%.
The key in the game was the free-throw shooting. The Spurs hit 25-33 from the charity stripe and the Nuggets hit 15-23.
Positives for Spurs
-54% Field Goals
-25-33 Free-Throws (76%)
Spurs Player That Performed Well
Mar 6, 2015; San Antonio, TX, USA; San Antonio Spurs point guardTony Parker
(9) shoots the ball as Denver Nuggets power forwardKenneth Faried
(35) defends during the second half at AT&T Center. The Spurs won 120-111. Mandatory Credit: Soobum Im-USA TODAY Sports
Tony Parker- Tony Parker gets the player of the game. Kawhi Leonard would’ve been a terrific choice as he went for 25 points and 8 rebounds. Parker finished with 24 points on 10-15 from the field. What made his night impressive is that he had 7 assists and 1 turnover.
-Nuggets shot 52% From Field
-Allowed 111 Points
More from San Antonio Spurs News
- San Antonio Spurs: How Spurs stack up against the best teams in the West
- San Antonio Spurs: 3 Games postponed in wake of positive COVID tests
- Andre Drummond is everything the San Antonio Spurs don’t need right now
- San Antonio Spurs: White’s return to form skyrockets Spurs potential
- Predicting Spurs’ week 9 results, featuring trap games abound