On Saturday night the San Antonio Spurs beat the Phoenix Suns 101-74.
The Spurs were coming off a 107-96 victory against the Sacramento Kings on Friday night, which was supposed to mean one thing. A difficult game against the Phoenix Suns, who hadn’t played since a Thursday win against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
The Spurs went up 51-24 at the half and never looked back.
The Spurs outplayed the Suns in basically every area, particularly from the field and on the glass. The Spurs shot 45% compared to the Suns 30%. The Spurs out rebounded the Suns 56-42.
Kawhi Leonard led the Spurs with 22 points and 10 rebounds.
Marcus Morris led the Suns with 19 points and added 7 rebounds.
-15-17 Free-Throws (88%)
-74 Points Allowed
-Suns shot 30% Field Goals
-Forced 18 Turnovers
Spurs Player That Performed Well
Feb 28, 2015; Phoenix, AZ, USA; Phoenix Suns forwardP.J. Tucker
(17) guards San Antonio Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard (2) during the second half at US Airways Center. The Spurs won 101-74. Mandatory Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
Kawhi Leonard- Kawhi Leonard was terrific once again. After a 17 points and 7 rebounds performance last night he finished with 22 points and 10 rebounds against Phoenix. He also finished with 3 steals and 2 blocks.
-4-19 Three-Point Field Goals (21%)
More from San Antonio Spurs News
- San Antonio Spurs: Jakob Poeltl reasserting himself as a defensive force
- San Antonio Spurs: Trading for John Collins still a longshot for Spurs
- Spurs’ opponents are making unfortunate history at ATT Center
- San Antonio Spurs: Role change needed to bring out best in Lonnie Walker
- San Antonio Spurs: Diaw shares how Tim Duncan once souped up his ride