The San Antonio Spurs came out flat on Monday night against the Utah Jazz. They lost for the second team on the road against the Utah Jazz.
The Jazz first quarter was an indicator of how the game was going to go as they went up by as many as 11 points. The second quarter was a lousy one for both teams as the Jazz outscored the Spurs 19-18. I expected the Spurs to bounce back in the second half and that didn’t happen, the Jazz outscored the Spurs 43-41.
Feb 23, 2015; Salt Lake City, UT, USA; Utah Jazz guardTrey Burke
(3) dribbles the ball while defended by San Antonio Spurs guardTony Parker
(9) during the second half at EnergySolutions Arena. The Jazz won 90-81. Mandatory Credit: Russ Isabella-USA TODAY Sports
The Spurs failed to take a lead for the final 41 minutes of the game and trailed by as many as 15 points. The key to the Jazz win was the significant edge in turnovers. The Jazz had 13 turnovers, while the Spurs had 22 turnovers. Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker led the Spurs with 4 turnovers apiece.
Trey Burke led the Jazz with 23 points off the bench.
The Spurs have now lost three in a row and the Oklahoma City Thunder, the eighth seed in the West are only three games behind them.
Now that the game has concluded, we have highlights from the Spurs-Jazz game! Check out the San Antonio Spurs video highlights below from NBA Highlights YouTube channel and let us know what you think about them in the comments section below!
More from San Antonio Spurs News
- JJ Redick noticing similarities between Jazz and 2014 San Antonio Spurs
- San Antonio Spurs: 3 Players who must step up in Aldridge’s absence
- Predicting week 8 results, featuring a double-header with the Warriors
- The Ringer podcast goes crazy over Spurs’ Keldon Johnson
- San Antonio Spurs: Preparing for another DeMar DeRozan All-Star snub