The San Antonio Spurs came back from as many as 23 points on Wednesday night to send the game into overtime. Unfortunately, that comeback effort just was not enough as the Memphis Grizzlies defeated the Spurs 117-116 in triple overtime.
The Grizzlies, after leading for so much of the game, found themselves in an uncomfortable position late, trailing San Antonio by three points with 2.5 seconds left. Those tensions were put to ease at the end of regulation, however, as Marc Gasol banked in a three-pointer at the buzzer to send the game into its first overtime.
More from Air Alamo
- Spurs show remarkable poise against Bulls, unlike many fans
- Devin Vassell is the latest in the Spurs’ collection of silent assassins
- San Antonio Spurs: 5 Players to avoid in any LaMarcus Aldridge deal
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
The game got another buzzer beater at the end of double overtime as well. This time it was the Spurs and Tim Duncan, who made a miraculous 20-footer as time expired to send the match into its third overtime.
San Antonio had a chance to win the game in the final extra period, however, they came up short as Manu Ginobili bricked a potential game winning three in the final seconds.
Now that the game has concluded, we have highlights from the Spurs-Grizzlies game! Check out the highlights below from NBA Highlights’ YouTube channel and let us know what you think about them in the comments section below!