Marco Belinelli suffered a groin injury during the San Antonio Spurs 94-92 win versus the Atlanta Hawks. Belinelli, who suffered the injury toward the end of the first quarter, did not return for the Spurs.
Injury Update: Marco Belinelli (mild strain, right groin) will not return to tonight’s game.
— San Antonio Spurs (@spurs) November 6, 2014
The injury is unfortunate for Marco Belinelli as he had started the season strong, averaging 12 points, 2.5 assists, and 2 rebounds during the Spurs two games.
Belinelli was also the benficiary of some added minutes, taking the start for Kawhi Leonard in San Antonio’s season opener.
More from Air Alamo
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
- Spurs fans show Dejounte Murray support, buy all the New Balance shoes
- Spurs: The Athletic posts conflicting Aldridge rumors minutes apart
- Spurs: Kawhi Leonard ironically complains over lack of “consistency”
The Italian guard has been a great addition to the Spurs since coming to San Antonio. His numbers are up across the board and he has also been recognized for his hard work, receiving Italy’s Nettuno d’Oro.
The Spurs do have a game tomorrow against the Rockets which means it is possible Belinelli might miss the game due to injury. If that’s the case, Kyle Anderson could possibly get in the mix at Houston.
Stay tuned to Air Alamo for injury updates for Marco Belinelli.