Boris Diaw apparently has an incentive in his contract for staying in shape with the San Antonio Spurs according to ESPN’s Amin Elhassan (CBS Sports has story for free here).
Diaw was frequently the subject of jokes because of his weight issues before his time with the San Antonio Spurs. Since coming to San Antonio, Boris Diaw has improved his image significantly.
Even with the work Diaw has put into restoring his image, the Spurs are still being careful with the French big man by offering a weight incentive in his contract.
The workings of Boris Diaw’s incentive for staying in shape can be seen below from CBS Sports:
Diaw’s deal features $500,000 in annual performance bonuses in the form of a weight clause. Each season, he gets:
• $150,000 for weighing less than or equal to 254 pounds on Oct. 25• $150,000 for weighing less than or equal to 254 pounds on the first Tuesday after the All-Star Game• $200,000 for weighing less than or equal to 254 pounds on April 1
More from Spurs News
- Spurs show remarkable poise against Bulls, unlike many fans
- Devin Vassell is the latest in the Spurs’ collection of silent assassins
- San Antonio Spurs: 5 Players to avoid in any LaMarcus Aldridge deal
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
Boris Diaw has been doing a good job of maintaining his weight recently, even with the Spurs allowing him to skip the beginning of training camp, evident by his witty Instagram response to jokes made by Gregg Popovich about Diaw on Spurs media day.
What do you think of Boris Diaw’s incentive in his contract to stay in shape? Let us know in the comments!
Also, don’t forget to follow Air Alamo on Twitter @AirAlamo for all your San Antonio Spurs news!