Danny Green posted a questionable caption with a selfie he took at the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe and Information Centre, more commonly known as the Holocaust Memorial in Berlin.
Green uploaded the selfie to Instagram and Facebook and it was his caption with his Facebook post that generated much controversy. In the selfie uploaded to Facebook, Danny Green captioned the photo “You know I had to do it one time lol #Holocaust.”
That “lol” comment is what stirred the controversy, ultimately leading to Green removing the photo on both Facebook and Instagram. Danny Green quickly took to twitter to apologize about the incident and also talked to media about the unfortunate event.
That video apology can be seen below.
Danny Green later reposted the photo on Facebook, however, with a different caption.
More from Spurs News
- Spurs show remarkable poise against Bulls, unlike many fans
- Devin Vassell is the latest in the Spurs’ collection of silent assassins
- San Antonio Spurs: 5 Players to avoid in any LaMarcus Aldridge deal
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
Based on the apology and subsequent words with the media, Green seems to have learned to be more careful with social media. Hopefully he has also learned how closely public figures lives are watched and that anything you post publicly will be highly scrutinized.
What are your thoughts on Danny Green’s caption of his selfie? Let us know in the comments!
Also, don’t forget to follow Air Alamo on Twitter @AirAlamo for all your San Antonio Spurs news!