Manu Ginobili has been cleared to join the San Antonio Spurs according to an interview with Ginobili during Spurs media day.
Ginobili: I’m feeling well, I did MRI, CT scan and you can see improvement. I’ve been cleared to join the team, but it’s a work in progress.
— Yannis Koutroupis (@YannisNBA) September 26, 2014
Manu Ginobili rested during this offseason as he had a right fibula injury. San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich also had positive things to say on Ginobili’s recovery.
Pop says Ginobili has been practicing for about a week, looks good.
— Dan McCarney (@danmccarneysaen) September 26, 2014
This is great news for San Antonio Spurs fans as Man Ginobili is an integral part of this team.
More from Spurs News
- Spurs show remarkable poise against Bulls, unlike many fans
- Devin Vassell is the latest in the Spurs’ collection of silent assassins
- San Antonio Spurs: 5 Players to avoid in any LaMarcus Aldridge deal
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
Ginobili averaged 12.3 points, 3 rebounds, and 4.3 assists on 46.9% shooting during the regular season. The Argentinian shooting guard also posted similar numbers during the NBA postseason, helping to lead the San Antonio Spurs to their fifth NBA championship.
What do you think about the great news about Manu Ginobili’s recovery process on track? Let us know in the comments!
Also, stay tuned to Air Alamo for more updates on Manu Ginobili’s injury.
You can stay in touch with us through our Twitter account @AirAlamo!