Boris Diaw will not be joining the San Antonio Spurs for camp tomorrow. Instead, he will join the team in Berlin before the Spurs first preseason game against Alba Berlin on October 8th, reports Buck Harvey of San Antonio Express-News.
— Buck Harvey (@Buck_SA) September 25, 2014
Boris Diaw has played a lot of basketball over the past two years with the San Antonio Spurs as the team has made two consecutive NBA Finals appearances. Diaw also played basketball over the summer with his home-nation France, leading them to a Bronze medal.
More from Spurs News
- Spurs show remarkable poise against Bulls, unlike many fans
- Devin Vassell is the latest in the Spurs’ collection of silent assassins
- San Antonio Spurs: 5 Players to avoid in any LaMarcus Aldridge deal
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
That’s a lot of extra mileage for the 32-year-old forward. With Gregg Popovich so committed to resting his players, this comes as no surprise, especially considering the huge amount of basketball Boris Diaw has played recently.
Diaw was an integral part of the 2014 NBA champion San Antonio Spurs team, posting averages of 9.2 points, 4.8 rebounds, and 3.4 assists on 50% shooting from the field during the 2014 NBA Playoffs.
What do you think of Boris Diaw getting a free pass to rest before the upcoming season? Let us know in the comments!
Also, follow Air Alamo on Twitter @AirAlamo for the latest San Antonio Spurs stories!