Aron Baynes is expected to re-sign with the San Antonio Spurs according to Buck Harvey of the San Antonio Express-News.
For those keeping score, Aron Baynes in SA for physical, expected to sign. Meaning #spurs will return full roster to defend title.
— Buck Harvey (@Buck_SA) September 25, 2014
Aron Baynes played decently for the San Antonio Spurs last season, posting averages of 3 points and 2.7 rebounds in 9.3 minutes of action. He did struggle with his field goal percentage though, only shooting 43.6% from the field.
Baynes also played with the Australian national team in the 2014 FIBA World Cup. He played fantastically there, leading Australia in points and rebounds with 16.8 and 7, respectively.
More from Spurs News
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
- Spurs fans show Dejounte Murray support, buy all the New Balance shoes
- Spurs: The Athletic posts conflicting Aldridge rumors minutes apart
- Spurs: Kawhi Leonard ironically complains over lack of “consistency”
Last week, it was reported that Aron Baynes was being strongly pursued by Yao Ming’s former Chinese team, the Shanghai Sharks.
This move puts the San Antonio Spurs roster at 15 players, the maximum capacity for a team. Aron Baynes re-signing also means that the Spurs will have every single player back from last year’s championship team.
What do you think about Aron Baynes’ plan to re-sign with the San Antonio Spurs? Let us know in the comments!
Stay tuned to Air Alamo for this developing story!
Also, follow Air Alamo on Twitter @AirAlamo for all San Antonio Spurs news stories and analysis!