Sean Marks has been named as Assistant General Manager the for the San Antonio Spurs according to the Spurs official website. Marks will be working under current San Antonio Spurs General Manager R.C. Buford.
— San Antonio Spurs (@spurs) September 23, 2014
Sean Marks played for the San Antonio Spurs from 2003 to 2006. During his time with the Spurs he averaged 3.3 points and 2.1 rebounds on 42.4% shooting.
More from Spurs News
- Spurs show remarkable poise against Bulls, unlike many fans
- Devin Vassell is the latest in the Spurs’ collection of silent assassins
- San Antonio Spurs: 5 Players to avoid in any LaMarcus Aldridge deal
- Is Gregg Popovich hiding Luka Samanic as a secret weapon?
- San Antonio Spurs News: More DeRozan trade talk from Chris Haynes
The role of Assistant General Manager marks a return to the front office for Sean Marks, who was named as the director of basketball operations for the San Antonio Spurs and the General Manager of the San Antonio Spurs D-League affiliate, the Austin Toros.
Marks spent the last season on the Spurs bench as an assistant coach under Gregg Popovich.
Stay tuned to Air Alamo for any developments on this story!
As always, make sure you follow Air Alamo on Twitter @AirAlamo for all your San Antonio Spurs news and analysis!