NBA Playoffs Preview: San Antonio Spurs-Dallas Mavericks, Game One
Dec 26, 2013; Dallas, TX, USA; San Antonio Spurs shooting guardManu Ginobili
(20) drives to the basket past Dallas Mavericks small forwardShawn Marion
(0) and centerSamuel Dalembert
(1) during the first half at the American Airlines Center. Mandatory Credit: Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports
San Antonio Spurs: Beginning at Noon CT today, Sunday, April 20th, two members of the Texas Triangle will go at it in San Antonio for Game One.
Tim Duncan and the Spurs host Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavericks for the first two games, while the next two are played in Dallas.
Spurs haven’t lost a first-round game since 2011 vs. Memphis. Dallas better than UTA, LAL teams Spurs swept in 12, 13 … but not by much.
— Jeff McDonald (@JMcDonald_SAEN) April 19, 2014
Notes to look at before Game One (from NBA.com):
- Tony Parker and Tim Duncan are ranked second and third clutch-time field-goal percentage in the league among players who attempted 20 or more clutch-shot attempts.
- Marco Belinelli has been the most improved shooter this year, increasing his three-point percentage from 46.0 to 57.6.
- Dallas is the worst rated defensive team in the playoffs this year.
- Monta Ellis led the league in drives to the basket with a total of 827 (about 10 per game).
- In four games this season against the Mavericks, Danny Green and Patty Mills shot a combined 23-for-43 from the field.
- Playing 128 minutes against the Spurs this season, Dirk Nowitzki has only made one three pointer with the men in black and white guarding him.
- The Spurs swept the Mavericks 4-0 this year in the regular season.
These San Antonio Spurs, if fully healthy, should be able to run away with the win tonight at home against Dallas.
Game Two commences Wednesday, April 23rd, at 7:00 p.m. CT.
Look FanSided’s The Smoking Cuban for Dallas Mavericks coverage of these NBA Playoffs.
Who Wins Game One?