Game Notes: San Antonio Spurs look for 40th win against Brooklyn Nets
By Joe Buettner
Dec 31, 2012; San Antonio, TX, USA; Brooklyn Nets guard Deron Williams (8) brings the ball up court during the first half against the San Antonio Spurs at the AT
Tip-off: 7 p.m. CST
Line: San Antonio -1.5
Spurs Injury Report: Tim Duncan (knee) is doubtful and Manu Ginobili (hamstring) is doubtful
Nets Injury Report: CJ Watson (illness) is a game-time decision, Tornike Shengelia (concussion) is probable, Jerry Stackhouse (neck) is probable
Fuel to the Fire:
Keith Bogans on tonight: “Spurs kicked our ass last time. So for me personally, I want to kick their ass.” #Nets mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo;JSE…
— Rod Boone (@rodboone) February 10, 2013
- This will be the first game the Spurs have played in the Barclays Center.
- The last time San Antonio lost to the Detroit Pistons was Feb. 21, 2010. They responded to the loss with a 95-87 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- The Spurs have only lost consecutive games twice this season. However, all games a part of back-to-back losses came on the road.
- Since losing to the Houston Rockets on Jan. 26, the Nets have went 3-3 flipping between win and loss.
- A Nets win would give them their first 30-win season since 2009, and would be the first time since 2006 the Nets have reached the 30-win mark in February.
- San Antonio has the third best defensive rating (points allowed per 100 possessions) in the league, while the Nets rank 16th.
- The Spurs offense runs at the fifth fatest pace in the league, with an estimated 94.5 possessions per 48 minutes. The Nets have the slowest pace in the league, with 88.2 possessions per 48 minutes.
- In the Tony Parker Era, San Antonio is 18-4 against the Nets. Three of the four losses came on the Nets home floor.
- Tony Parker is 14-7 all time against Deron Williams. He, also, averages 19.2 points per game against Williams, as opposed to his career average of 17.1 points per game. Parker scored 20 in their last meeting (Dec. 31, 2012).
- P.J. Carlesimo is 14-6 as the Nets interim head coach. Since leaving the Spurs coaching staff, he is 1-3 against the Spurs as a head coach.