This piece from Hardood Paroxysm delves into the offensive and defensive efficiency per quarters for each of the Western Conference playoff contenders.
– Wow. The Spurs first half offensive numbers are gaudy. Even their third quarter and fourth quarter numbers are well above-average.
– The Spurs defense is elite in the first quarter. The Spurs efficiency differential (points scored per 100 possessions subtracted by points allowed per 100 possessions) for the first quarter is an astounding 11.9.
– The Jazz and Suns, the Spurs two likely playoff opponents, take awhile to get going offensively. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Spurs take control of the game early.
– The Thunder’s efficiency numbers look vaguely similar to the Spurs.
– Memphis, a possible second round opponent for the Spurs, plays great defense in the first and third quarters, average defense in the fourth quarter and surprisingly below-average in the second quarter.
Topics: San Antonio Spurs