– Spurs injury report: Stephen Jackson (rest) and Tiago Splitter (back spasms) are out; Gary Neal (mid-foot sprain) will play.
– Suns injury report: None.
– Phoenix has the second-best post All-Star game record in the NBA (11-4).
– In their last 12 games, Phoenix is averaging 103.1 points. They are 10-2 in that span. Their two losses were by a combined five points.
– Steve Nash is averaging 11.2 assists good for No. 1 in the NBA. His 79.0 assist rate is only behind Earl Watson.
– Nash’ scoring average has dropped precipitously this year (13.0). That represents his lowest average since the 1999-00 NBA season when he averaged 8.6 points.
– Still, Nash is shooting an elite level especially considering he shoots a high volume of perimeter shots. Nash has made 63.4 percent of all his shots (includes 2-pointers, 3-pointers and free throws). That is good for 7th in the entire league.
– Watch out for the Nash-Gortat pick-and-roll tonight. They are a dangerous combo. Gortat scored 24 points on 11-of-20 shooting in our last matchup.
– Gortat has converted on 58.1 percent of his total shots. He’s done this by getting to the rim five times a game. Gortat has benefited from an assist 78.9 percent of the time.
– San Antonio has outscored their opponent in the paint nine of last 10 games.
– Kawhi Leonard is averaging 27.8 minutes, 10.8 points, 6.7 rebounds, 1.7 steals, 0.9 3-pointers and a 54.2 shooting percentage during March.
– Danny Green is averaging 25.4 minutes, 10.8 points, 3.8 rebounds, 1.1 steals, 1.6 3-pointers and a 46.5 shooting percentage during March.
– Gregg Popovich said newly acquired Patrick Mills may play tonight.
– Tony Parker on the new roster: “We know we can beat everybody in the West, we proved it by beating OKC two times already. Winning another title is something we can do this year.”